Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Year Two.

I can’t go back to yesterday- because I was a different person then.

-Lewis Carroll

Is this true? I would love to believe that I am constantly changing for the better each day. People throw around the phrase, “you learn something new every day” and lately that has been extremely true. Training for Office of Spiritual Life this year has challenged me in new ways. The lessons aren’t always these grand “ah ha” moments, but I am finding that I am learning a lot about the kind of character I want to have.

In a nutshell, I could sum it up by saying I want to have the character of Jesus Christ. That’s pretty broad. I am learning what it means to serve. I am challenged by the crappy attitude I can sometimes have. Reminded that there is just no room for my pride in the presence of my mighty God. Encouraged by the incredible power of prayer. Convicted in the moments when I am not content with where I am. Motivated in the moments when I see the potential in my life. Broken by my sin and elated when I think about the cross.

It is my prayer that I would not be the same person I was yesterday. Tomorrow holds many opportunities to take steps closer to Christ. Lets walk in that together.

God is good.


POST SCRIPT SIDE NOTE:





I am EXTREMELY thankful for the leadership that God has placed above me for another year. Brett and Ashley are the most encouraging and wonderful people I've ever met. Literally. They are like family to me. So dear to my heart.
This picture is posted in memory of last year (shout of Chris Wilson) but it is also a great reminder of how much I've grown since this picture last year. I was thinking about that as we took 2010-2011 staff pictures today.
Cannot wait to see where God will take us this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment