Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year in a Color Film: 28 Exposures

The Journey of 2010
I can't believe another year of life has come and gone. In light of new births and sickness it is clear that each moment should be treasured.
This is a photo journey of my year.
Cheers to twenty-ten!

January started the year off right. I went back to CBU for the Spring semester of my Junior year. I had the privilege of continuing to eat dinner with some awesome homeless friends every week (including my dear friend Cosmo, photo below).

In February, I got a new camera from Michael Ring and went a little photo crazy (I have many pictures of many things).
I celebrated the birthdays of two of my most beloved people:
my mom and my uncle.

March brought my 21st birthday (where I partied like a rockstar in the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel with my family and dear friends). This month also marks the beginning of Los Angeles Adventures- aka L.A.dventure- with Kevin and Sara!!!

In April, we gave CBU the fiesta they were hoping for at the student leadership banquet... and L.A.dventure continued (with Luis joining) at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the La Brea Tar Pits :)
Oh yea, and I went a little loco during Finals week
(and started dancing around like happy feet in my apartment)

I watched my roommates (and many other friends) graduate in May
and then had the journey of my life in Uganda for three weeks!

All I really remember from June is being very sick...
but I spent my days with Kiley :)

July:
Kevin turns 22!
Family reunion with dad's side of the fam.
Lauren and Isaac get engaged at the Baby Shower for Elias!


In August, Jenna Fawcett becomes Jenna Rainey
and also the first friend of our group to get hitched.
I have my first "paid gig" for taking pictures at
Brittany Johnson's Baby Shower!

Elias is the star of September, being born on the 12th
(and changing our lives forever).
I also start my SENIOR year of college with some new lovely roommates!

October was full of school and work (two part time jobs at school)
but in the meantime I work diligently on my Postage Stamp collection :)

In November it became very clear to me that I have a very dear new friend in Lauren Spencer.
I become a Bridesmaid (for the first time!)
and a Godmother to Elias in one day.

December has been a busy month with finals and family circumstances.
I am learning just how sufficient and amazing my Lord is.
I also started a business with my roommate J Tracy called
Trademark Pages.
I felt old as I watched my best friend graduate from college.

I am overwhelmed thinking about all that has happened this year... but mostly I just can't believe how fast it went by! Everyone tells me that the years only go faster as you get older and I really felt that this year.
I am thankful to every friend and family member that influenced me and encouraged me this year. Life would not be the same without you.
Can't wait to see what next year holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment