Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One of those days....

It's never fun to have a day where you are reminded just how imperfect you are.
Sounds ridiculous because, technically speaking, that is everyday. But some days slide past and I forget that I don't do everything right or that my way is not always the best way.
Well, now that I officially sound like my own #1 fan... the moral of the story is...

I got my first D in college today. On my Spanish Test. Spanish. The class that I am taking for "fun" because I am one of those ridiculous seniors that had 7 mandatory units left for this semester (and I need 12 to live on campus, keep my student leadership position, and maintain a sense that I am not wasting my life being bored).
In the midst of this mini failure I am reminded of my source of truth.
If I was not a servant of Christ and did not have my identity firmly rooted in His love for me, I would certainly be "that girl" who finds her worth in grades and achievements. In fact, I fight the battle against this all the time.
Hallelujah that God does not find my worth in my grades, my looks, my pay check, my friends.

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection.

I can't stop thanking for for the undeserved Grace and Love that I receive everyday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment