Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ashamed to say...

I am ashamed to admit that the Mother Teresa commemorative Postage Stamp has been out for almost a month now (came out on Aug 26th-Mo T's bday in case you were wondering) and I still do not possess one- or 50 of them :)

For those who don't know, I have two pretty big obsessions (along with my deep love for Jesus Christ):
-Mother Teresa (or commonly referred to as "Mo-T" by yours truly)
-Postage Stamps (it might sound odd for someone to be obsessed with postage stamps. Obsessed is a pretty intense word. I know. And yet, I still claim obsession)

I have been collecting Postage Stamps for about 2 years and I only have about 100 legit ones from places like: Kenya, Russia, Spain, Ukraine, Rome, China.. with images such as Hitler and Stalin faces gracing them.
You would think when two of my loves collided (a Postage Stamp of Mother Teresa) I would be ALL OVER IT! I had an alarm set on my phone to go off on the day it came out just so I'd remember. But here I am almost a month later with out a stamp. And the truth is, I don't even have a good reason for not having it yet.
I should change this.

To-Do for this weekend:
GO TO POST OFFICE AND BUY MO-T's STAMP!!! :)
Being a collector- if you will- is a new hobby in life and I must say I rather enjoy have a quirky thing to obsess over such as postage stamps... Plus... a 42 cent hobby aint that bad for a college kid.

1 comment:

  1. I just love how your refer to her as "Mo-T" :) You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete