Friday, June 18, 2010

He sets the pace.

The Lord has been teaching me a lot lately. He sent me all the way to Africa to remind me of the simplistic beauty of loving others, loving Him, and loving life. I’ve been home almost a month and I am left striving for purpose. It has been hard to go from 22 days of living with complete intentionality and purpose (surrounded by passionate and wonderful worshipers of God) to being home without a job or much to do each day. I was overly confident that I would get certain jobs (that I obviously didn’t get) and I have been extremely discouraged. This season of my life is confusing me and leaving me frustrated. I am trying to see the opportunities that I’m sure I’m missing on a daily basis but I just don’t feel purpose.

Then today I read the devotional from “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young and was stopped in my tracks by my loving Savior again:

“I chose you before the foundation of the world, to walk with Me along paths designed uniquely for you. Concentrate on keeping in step with Me, instead of trying to anticipate My plans for you. If you trust that My plans are to prosper you and not to harm you, you can relax and enjoy this present moment. Your hope and future are rooted in Heaven, where eternal ecstasy awaits you. Nothing can rob you of your inheritance of unimaginable riches and well-being. Sometimes I grant you glimpses of your glorious future, to encourage you and spur you on. But your main focus should be staying close to Me. I set the pace in keeping with your needs and My purposes.”

Relax and enjoy this present moment. This present moment. Summer. 2010. Unemployed. I have more than enough time to relax and enjoy this path that God has uniquely designed for me.

Today I am resolved to have a serious attitude transplant and be the kind of God-fearing woman that I want to be- one filled with joy and purpose, even in the most simple of circumstances. He sets the pace. He will take care of my needs and HIS purposes.

Keep me accountable people. The most wasted of summers is one where my attitude overshadows the wonder and awe of Christ in me.


From the fields of Uganda to the sands of San Clemente...
The name of the LORD be praised.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kristina, this was so encouraging. Love the photography too.
    <3, Karen Burnette

    ReplyDelete