Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mellow Yellow

Lately I have been drawn to the color yellow.
I have never been a huge fan of yellow, but lately I just cant get enough of it. Since my return from Africa, I have been bored. I mean really really bored. My recent love for yellow mixed with my recent extreme boredom brings the phrase "mellow yellow" to mind :)
Yellow has conflicting symbolism... it is known as a symbol of happiness and joy and yet it is also the color of deceit and being a coward... Yellow is cheerful, but it is often used for hazard signs and emergencies (because of its bright, high visibility)... Yellow is a sign of hope and is used to welcome home loved ones.... Yellow is for mourning in Egypt.... Courage in Japan... and sometimes even a symbol of peace. Yellow symbolizes many things; for me, this summer is Mellow Yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment