Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have never been truly consistent in reading my Bible. It is something that bums me out. It is a discipline that I should work on much more diligently. Sometimes I find myself thinking, “I have to do my devotion this morning”.

Have to do my devotion. How about, get to do my devotion?

We are a blessed people that the Lord has provided us with His Word, to grow in our understanding him.

I have been pondering the word devotion and decided to look it up in the dictionary. My prayer is that my time in the Word would reflect love, loyalty, ENTHUSIASM, faithfulness, dedication, admiration, affection, etc. to the Lord of Hosts. I want to learn how to meditate on His Word day and night.

Dictionary

devotion |diˈvō sh ən|noun

love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause

Thesaurus

devotion noun

loyalty, faithfulness, fidelity, constancy, commitment, adherence, allegiance, dedication; fondness, love, admiration, affection, care.

Joshua 1:8

Psalm 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he mediates day and night

Psalm 77:12 "I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds"

2 comments:

  1. Great reminder roomie! This is something I too have been thinking about this summer. I think this is an area we can definitely encourage each other in next year. Which (by the way) I cannot wait for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here girl!! I just began 2 weeks ago, doing it everyday and my goal is to do it in a year or less with diligent note taking and serious meditation with each day. It's a great discipline I'll be praying for you to be more enthusiastic it's rough for me as well! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete