Saturday, July 31, 2010

I pet a shark today... what did you do? :)

Today I had the most wonderful date/pre-game for shark week ever with the lovely Luis Mancilla! We ventured to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. The combination of perfect Southern California weather and an odd mix of new friends (including but not limited to: SHARKS, river otters, sea lions, etc etc) created a memorable day that I will cherish forever. Did I mention that we befriended sharks? Like we pet them. And named one. And I wanted to take it home. Wasn't allowed. Oh but one day.....

Luis came with a love of sharks... left with an obsession.
This was before I befriended the sharks... still a little nervous... obviously
This is me with my new friend/pet shark Bruce Jr.
Not gonna lie.... He still scares me. Those eyes......

My favorite little creatures... RIVER OTTERS :)

As you can obviously tell from the cheesy touristy thumbs up... it was a good day :)

1 comment:

  1. Long beach aquarium rocks! :) Jovan and I went once. We didn't befriend a shark but we did make some otter friends! :) haha

    ReplyDelete