Friday, July 16, 2010

God is.

Its amazing how thrown off we get when we encounter times of trouble. Christ did not trick us by saying that things would be all jolly all the time. In fact, he was quite clear that this life was full of trials and tribulations. The wonderful thing about our loving Savior is that He didn’t just stop there, all gloom and doom. He continues by telling us that these trials not only produce perseverance and character, but that they can often times be used for the furthering of His Kingdom. We are also told that, “He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of JOY” (Job 8:21). These difficult times are often a mirror, allowing us to see who we really are, for better or for worse. Do we instantly run to our old friends Worry, Doubt, Fear, and Disbelief? Or do we rest assured that our God is a good God and although cruddy things happen, we know that God is in control? The greatest example to me is a Christian who is covered with peace. Sometimes they trust in God so much that the peace within them is practically visible. These are the people who not only convict me about my restless mind, but also encourage me that the “peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:7).

My life will forever be the exciting journey of learning how to trust a God that has already proven Himself trustworthy.

Tonight I am savoring a few of the many names of our God:

Jehovah-rapha: The LORD who Heals

Jehovah-jireh: The LORD will Provide

El Shaddai: The All-Sufficient One

El Elyon: The God Most High

Jehovah-shalom: The LORD is Peace

I praise my God because He is....

No comments:

Post a Comment