Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Chapter in TOMS :)

My first pair of TOMS are retiring after 3 years of faithful fashion and popular social activism duties.
These shoes have been worn a lot in the past 1,095 days.
They no longer have soles in them.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi
The thing that made me finally surrender my first pair of TOMS
was seeing my toes coming out of them.
Thats just not a good thing.
But alas, NEW TOMS!...
The problem is that they don't fit.
That's what you get for online shopping.
These ones are all awesome and new and not
as flimsy as the last pair.
They are the "Earthwise" TOMS that aided in building a well
in a village. They have maps of Africa on them.
One for One.
Here's the deal: I am reluctant and sad about returning these particular shoes because the maps that are on them are so relevant and full of so many memories. Sounds weird. Let me explain. On the top of the shoe is UGANDA, specifically Kampala and Lake Victoria. This is about an hour away from where I was this summer.
They also have Nairobi, Kenya on them
(not such a pleasant memory waiting in the airport for 24 hours, but still a memory).
The next TOMS will have new maps with new places on the top.
Sad.
But truly life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment