Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Philatelist

While some people cringe at the thought of being put "in a box" and classified as a certain type of person, I find it exciting. I tend to fit into those little boxes quite nicely (although there are times when they can't seem to find a word to explain some of the quirky things I do). I just can't seem to get enough of those Personality tests and quizzes that give you four letter combinations (ISTJ...in case you were wondering) or colors, or animals! How exciting to learn more about who you are and to find that you are not entirely and completely offbeat in your seemingly abnormal tendencies.

Well today I have found a new word. Not a test or a quiz. But a wonderful wonderful word that describes a fairly recent hobby.

philately |fəˈlatl-ē|noun- the collection and study of postage stamps.
DERIVATIVES philatelist- noun: one who collects stamps

Soo.... In case you were wondering (with my stamp collection reaching the daunting number of 400)...
I am now a philatelist. And I like the sound of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment