Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Who Says You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks? :)

When I get excited I tend to point my toes.
The origin of this quirk can be traced back to a childhood full of gymnastics. I was on a pretty intense competitive gymnastics team for quite a few years and our training was sometimes too intense for 10 year olds looking back on it. They would put mats on our feet and then sit on them for a while to make us point our toes better. When Garret heard about this, he exclaimed, "Where did you do gymnastics? Korea!?" Haha. It didn't seem odd at the time, but now it seems like a little much. It seems that each day I lose some of the skills I once had and it is not often at all that I get to learn a new trick :)
Last night while celebrating the lovely Jessica Collin's 22 birthday, she decided to place her wine glass on my pointed toes, and alas, it stayed.
So here is my new trick I guess... balancing wine glasses on my toes? Haha.
Who say's you can't teach an old dog a new trick?

No comments:

Post a Comment