Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good Morning Baltimore!

After hearing those three words sung to me for the past month, I watched 4 minutes and 24 seconds of musical chaos on Youtube to see what the buzz was about.

.People.are.silly.

I will need serious prayer if people are singing like this {Hairspray} around me for the next 11 days J

Regardless,

My team of 8 people will be boarding a plane at 12:30pm tomorrow to go spend Spring Break in Baltimore (well, now I can’t even type the word without thinking of the song). We will be working with the Gallery Church to do “community development” (why yes, that is an ambiguous task… but we are excited by that, because it gives the Holy Spirit A LOT of room to move and work among us).

Wanna hear how cool the Gallery Church is? Okay… The vision: “The Gallery Church will engage people with the Gospel, mobilize thousands to love God wholeheartedly and to love others - all in order to demonstrate our love for God and people.”

Awesome right?

We will be gone from March 10-March 20.

Team members: Julie (leader), Myself (student-leader), Catherine, Aubrey, Chanel, Katelyn, Rochelle, Lorelyn

Note for the Detail Oriented: I was in fact supposed to go to Seattle this Spring Break, but as usual, God had other plans. I intend to visit Seattle at some point in my life but for now, we venture to Baltimore.
The photo below is a "moment-of-silence-meets-tribute-to" the former Seattle USP team :)
Rumor is... its gonna rain in Baltimore too so the umbrellas are still quite relevant.
Team Updates can be found at:
www.calbaptist.edu/USP
Team: Baltimore B
or... try this...
http://www.calbaptist.edu/spiritual-life/international-service-projects/default2.aspx?id=13611

No comments:

Post a Comment