Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Living HIS Purpose

There is a great chance that this will just end up being the ranting of a typically-confused-almost-college-graduate... so bear with me....

I have always known that God's will for my life is to glorify Him and make His name known. I haven't had those moments where I freak out wondering, "what is God's will for my life?" I know that in whatever road I choose to take, as long as I am glorifying God, I am in His will.

All that to say, I have wanted to be an elementary school teacher for as long as I can remember. First time I remember saying it out loud was in third grade. So lets just say that I've dreamed of this since I was 8 years old. My whole life has revolved around this. Get good grades. Like school. Get into college. Succeed in college. Get into graduate school. Get Teaching Credential. Be a teacher.
I have seen so many of these things come to be in my life and I have felt on track in every way. I intend to use teaching as a ministry and to use my summer in ministry and serving those around me.

I have never doubted these plans of MINE.

Well, the last three weeks have been a whirlwind of emotion, challenges and growth. God has used many different avenues, people, circumstances, and even cities to get me a one-way ticket on a new train of thought. I have been challenged to think of doing something even greater with my life. I have NO idea what this means. God keeps surrounding me with people and putting me in situations to hear the same affirmations again and again: don't settle. I would've never thought that being a teacher and fulfilling my life dream would be considered settling, but I am starting to feel this way. I am freaking out and now I have to figure out what is next.

I will keep moving forward for now. Go to UCI. Get my teaching credential. But my eyes and ears are open.

I am willing to go and do whatever it is that will make my life matter for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Just looking for the next move to make.

Convicted. Encouraged....... o yea, and slightly Overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment